siliconvalve

Yesterday afternoon while doing some work I ran into an issue in Azure. Initially I thought this issue was due to a bug in my (new) code and went to my usual debugging helper Application Insights to review what was going on.

The below graphs a little old, but you can see a clear spike on the left of the graphs which is where we started seeing issues and which gave me a clue that something was not right!

App Insights views

Initially I thought this was a compute issue as the graphs are for a VM-hosted REST API (left) and a Functions-based backend (right).

At this point there was no service status indicating an issue so I dug a little deeper and reviewed the detailed Exception information from Application Insights and realised that the source of the problem was the underlying Service Bus and Event Hub features that we use to glue…

View original post 268 more words

Category:
Azure Infrastructure, Azure Platform, DevOps, Managed Services
Tags:
, ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: