Secure Azure Virtual Network Defense In Depth using Network Security Groups, User Defined Routes and Barracuda NG Firewall
Security Challenge on Azure
There are few common security related questions when we start planning migration to Azure:
- How can we restrict the ingress and egress traffic on Azure ?
- How can we route the traffic on Azure ?
- Can we have Firewall kit, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Network Access Control, Application Control and Anti – Malware on Azure DMZ ?
This blog post intention is to answer above questions using following Azure features combined with Security Virtual Appliance available on Azure Marketplace:
- Azure Virtual Network (VNET)
- Azure Network Security Groups (NSGs)
- Azure Network Security Rule
- Azure Forced Tunelling
- Azure Route Table
- Azure IP Forwarding
- Barracuda NG Firewall available on Azure Marketplace
One of the most common methods of attack is The Script Kiddie / Skiddie / Script Bunny / Script Kitty.… [Keep reading] “Secure Azure Virtual Network Defense In Depth using Network Security Groups, User Defined Routes and Barracuda NG Firewall”