This blog deals with configuring patches for Linux EC2 instances through AWS Systems Manager (SSM).
Mentioned below is the link for patching Windows-based EC2 instances using SSM
The configuration has three major sections
- EC2 instance configuration for patching
- Default Patching Baseline Configuration
- Maintenance Window configuration.
1 Instance Configuration
We will start with the First section which is configuring the Instances to be patched. This requires the following tasks.
- Create Amazon EC2 Role for patching with two policies attached
- Assign Roles to the EC2 Instances
- Configure Tags to ensure patching in groups.