Why Operational Process Checks are Required in Service Management?
- In order to sustain and measure how effectively we are executing our processes, we require to have process operational checks once implemented.
- This will allow us to identify inefficiencies and subsequently to improve the current Service Management processes.
- These checks will also provide input into Continual Service Improvement (CSI) Programme.
Operational Checks for Service Management Processes – Once Implemented
- The operational process checks will be managed by IT Service Management
- Through process governance meetings, agreement can be established on who will update a section of a process or the whole document.
- IT Service Management will need to be involved in all process governance meetings.
- IT Service Management will conduct an internal audit on all Service Management processes at least once annually.
Review and Measure at Regular Intervals
It is very important that IT Service Management reviews all processes and measurements at least once every year to make appropriate changes to obtain their target IT and business goals.